Wednesday 2 May 2018

DIY: Baby flag


Looking for personalised wall decoration or door sign for your baby`s room? Continue reading to find out, what I have prepared for my daughter.

***Brzy se naše rodinka bude v Holandsku stěhovat do nového domu, kde bude místo už i na pokojíček pro Saru. Začala jsem tedy pracovat na zvelebování jeho prostor a vyšila ji vlaječku na zeď či na pověšení na kliku, aby každý věděl, že vstupuje do jejího království. Návod je pouze v angličtině, v případě nejasností ráda poradím :) ***


What you will need / what I have used:
Fabric / linen of medium-weight, aprox 20cm wide
Needle
Threads / various shades of green, pink, violet and white
Vlieseline (one-side)
Scissors
Pencil
Embroidery frame
String / pink cotton
Letter pattern / printed




Instructions:
1. First of all you should decide what you are going to "write" on your flag. Will it be a letter, initials or a word? I went for "S" representing my daughter`s name Sara. I simply wrote it down in MS Word and started to play with different types of letters, fonts and sizes. Then I printed it and cut it off and copied the letter on my fabric.
2. I worked with a linen fabric as I like both the natural color and texture. I bought a linen ribbon so that I did not need to cut it and dealt with finishing fabric edge.
I outlined the letter with split stitch. I knew that I want to fill the letter with lots of flowers and leafs but I did not have any pattern or picture to follow. I started in the middle of the letter and randomly continued...



3. When almost the whole letter was covered and I was happy enough with the overall look, I took the embroidery frame of and ironed the fabric edges down to create a flag shape. I also ironed a vliseline on the back side of my work which made the flag hard enough to keep its shape.


4. Using invisible stitch I created a tube at the top of the flag and drew a string through it. I also outlined the whole flag with a chain stitch as a finishing touch.

Ready to hang!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig